1. Applications for admission are accepted at all times during the school year. Applications must be completed online through the school website. If there are no places available at the time, then the application is placed onto the school’s waiting list.
2. When a place becomes available then the school will contact the first eligible applicant and invite them to attend an assessment.
Little Leaders School is an International School offering Early Years Foundation Stage Curriculum (EYFS) based on UK National Curriculum.
Selection is based on the following criteria. These are:
• There is no assessment for admission to Nursery. It will be done on first come first serve basis.
• FS 1 and FS 2 are assessed for school readiness with an oral assessment. They must be toilet trained and have a level of independence.
• Past school results and report.
• Face to face interview, if required, with the Admissions Officer /School Counsellor/ School Principal / or other designated school staff.
• Transfer Certificate from the previous school.
• Priority will be given to siblings of those who have secured admission to the school.
• The child’s previous curriculum is taken into consideration as well as limitations with regards to transfer dates for local transfers.
Procedures for Assessment
The applicants who are below the age of 5 are given only an oral assessment. The specific nature of this assessment is the responsibility of the school.
The following documents are required at the time of assessment:
• 1 photocopy of birth certificate, passport, visa, and Emirates ID card.
• Photocopy of immunization records
• 2 passport photos
The admission process for each child needs to be completed within 3 working days of the assessment if the student is based in Ajman. To achieve this goal, the following process and service standards have been defined:
• Responding to parents after receiving the application: 1 working day
• Receiving test results from admissions officer/teachers: 2 working days
• Communicating the outcome to parents: 3 working days (from the date of the test)
All applicants who are invited for assessment are required to pay a non-refundable approved assessment fee.
1. Following assessment the school management will decide upon whether a place is to be offered or not, based upon all of the information from assessment and provided in the application.
2. The decision taken by the school is final, and all admissions follow the guidelines and regulations set by Ministry of Social Affairs for Nursery and the Ministry of Education for Kindergarten students.
3. Parents / guardians must respond to an offer within 3 days of receipt, in order to secure the place.
4. Prior to admission a Transfer Certificate (attested where required) is to be submitted.
Documents required at the time when the admission is confirmed:
• Two copies of the student's passport with a valid U.A.E. residence visa.
• Two copies of the student’s birth certificate (in Arabic or English).
• Two copies of the student’s Emirates ID Card (both sides).
• Two copies each of (father and mother) Emirates ID Card (both sides).
• For students coming from other Emirates and Oversees transfer: Original Emirates ID Card for any one of the parent and the student for scanning on the Emirates ID card reader. The Emirates ID cards will be returned to the parent immediately after the scanning is completed in the registration department.
• Three recent passport size photographs on white background.
• Two copies of the current immunization record in English.
• Original Transfer Certificate from the previous school:
(for Kindergarten students only)
a) In the case of transfer from Dubai Schools, please provide the KHDA Transfer Reference Number.
b) In the case of transfer from other Emirates other than Dubai, the Transfer Certificate should be duly attested by the Educational authority of the respective Emirate.
c) In the case of Overseas transfer, from countries other than USA, UK, Australia, Canada,Europe and New Zealand, the Transfer Certificate should be duly attested by:
(i) District Educational Officer/Ministry of Education (from the country migrating from).
(ii) Ministry of Foreign Affairs (from the country migrating from).
(iii) UAE Embassy/ Consulate (from the country migrating from).
Please note: LLS will accept and consider applications with all required documents. All outstanding documents must be provided within ONE month of admission to the school. Admission will be confirmed only on the submission of all the documents to the School and will be subject to Ministry of Social Affairs rules and regulations for Nursery and Ministry of Education approval for FS 1 and FS 2.
This policy is to be reviewed annually, though; any deficiencies or weakness in Admissions will be remedied without delay. The Group Chairman, Dean of Schools and the School Principal will undertake an annual review of the Admissions policies and procedures and of the efficiency with which the related duties have been discharged.